Health is a an important aspect to consider when travelling overseas and to remote areas. We provide a complete range of travel vaccinations and travel health care services to protect you, your family and/or your organisation. After organising, planning and spending time to travel, being unwell, having to spend time with overseas health and consulate support or requiring returning to Australia is not how you want to spend your time, even if you are covered by health insurance.
We recommended that you book a basic health check up at least 8 weeks prior to your departure . Discussing your travel plans with your family doctor can ensure that you have the correct medication for the potential health risks in your destination country, and also any booster doses and additional vaccinations required on your journey. Some vaccinations may be a requirement of your destination country, else you could be refused entry or required to have the vaccination at the border.
Your Departure Check-list
- Health Check
- Medications and Prescriptions
- Passport and visa
- Credit Card, Overseas Travel Card, Travellers Cheques and/or Cash
- Travel Insurance – Health insurance, Travel Insurance, Evacuation Insurance. Ensure your health insurance also covers any sports and activities that you intend to
- Tickets, itinerary – including any internal-country travel
- SIM cards/phone – also check that your phone can connect to local cell towers if you plan to bring it
- Maps – Pre-download any overseas maps to your GPs device to ensure no data charges
- Toiletries – Check conditions for checked-in luggage which may differ between airlines and countries
- Check customs and quarantine regulations for food and baggage limitations
- First-aid Kit